Free Shipping on $45+
10 easy ways to jump start the New Year
The countdown is on! The New Year is approaching and confetti of resolutions and new beginnings will soon fill the air. You might see a newbie on the yoga mat next to you or an unfamiliar shaking beauty by your side in barre class. Most of us want to say “so long!” to the sweets and start losing inches for sandal season. While we have the best intentions to make our resolutions stick, we also know that a few weeks or months in, we forget why we started. Make 2016 the best year yet and jump start the New Year today!
Try these top 10 things you can do now to make your resolutions become accomplishments:
- Write down your resolutions and next to each one write down “WHY” you want to achieve it.
- Instead of making several resolutions, pick one thing you want to START, one thing you want to STOP and one thing you want to CONTINUE in the New Year.
- Make a vision board of what the ideal 2016 looks like to you – include positive words, images and colors.
- Form the resolution in a positive way. For example, instead of saying “I won’t eat bread,” say “I will eat more vegetables.”
- Share your resolutions and goals with your friends who support you and listen to their goals. Then continue to encourage one another.
- Set mini goals. For example, “this week I will go to yoga class 3 times” or “today, I will take 10 deep breaths.”
- Pick a mantra and repeat it when you are feeling weak or tempted to break your goal. A few examples include:
- “A year from now I will wish I started today”;
- “Remember I started”;
- “What I do now prepares me for what I do next”
- Try something new. Instead of doing what you normally do to accomplish your goal, try something different to invigorate and inspire yourself.
- Each day, write down 3 things you are grateful for. Give yourself credit for your accomplishments, no matter how small they seem. For example, “I am grateful I stayed in chair pose for one breath longer than I thought I could”
- Love yourself now. You are perfect just as you are. Recognize the beauty and strength you have within you and you will be victorious.